The Houghton Lake Sportsmen’s Club will once again be having our Memorial Day rummage sale at our clubhouse, Friday and Saturday May 28th and 29th from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Members may start bringing their donated items to the clubhouse on May 21st. Volunteers will be needed to help before, during and after the sale. For more information please call Loree Delaney at 248-880-5575. Great time to clean out our garages and attics and help out our club. Also, a great work hour opportunity.
Starting May 15th members are welcome to bring items in to Range 1 ONLY.
Starting May 21st members are welcome to bring items in to Range 2 ONLY. Please note that from the 21st through the end of the sale on the 29th, ALL INDOOR SHOOTING IS CLOSED.
There are certain things that will not be accepted for this sale because the organizations will not accept them from us if they are not sold. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
The following items are NOT accepted for the Rummage Sale:
- MATTRESSES, BED SPRINGS, BED PILLOWS
- LARGE APPLIANCES – people look, but are nervous about it not working once they get it home
- CRT TELEVISIONS
- VCR PLAYERS AND VIDEO CASSETTES
- TAPE PLAYERS AND TAPE CASSETTES
- COMPUTERS OR COMPUTER PARTS
- CLOTHING – with the exception of hunting, fishing, concealed carry clothing, and related outdoor/sporting attire.
- WATER SKIS – we tried it, but they did not sell, and no organization wanted them because they were too outdated to sell.
- LARGE PIECES OF FURNITURE
Examples of times that are accepted for the sale:
- SMALL APPLIANCES – must be clean and good working condition.
- SMALL HAND TOOLS – including electric tools, reasonably clean and in good working condition.
- SPORTING ITEMS
- GARDENING ITEMS
- SMALL HOME FURNISHINGS, such as end tables, or kitchen and desk chairs
- BED FRAMES
- CHILDREN’S TOYS, GAMES, AND BOOKS
- BED LINENS, DECORATIVE PILLOWS
- DISHES, COOKWARE, TABLE LINENS
- DECORATIVE ITEMS
If you have any questions on whether an item is acceptable, please call or email Loree Delaney before bringing it to the Clubhouse. She will call around to see if the item would be accepted for donation if it goes unsold.
If you would like to help the club with this event, please contact Loree and let her know how you can help out. The HLSC and Loree personally appreciates whatever time you have to offer.