USPSA MATCHES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MATCHES ARE HELD ONCE A MONTH FROM MAY TO SEPTEMBER
The July match has been cancelled.
2020 Matches and Mini Matches
- Sunday January 19 Indoor USPSA Classifiers 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday February 16 Indoor USPSA Classifiers 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday March 15 Indoor USPSA Classifiers 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday April 19 Indoor USPSA Classifiers 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 13 USPSA Mini Match 5:30 p.m. Cancelled
- Sunday May 17 USPSA Match 11:00 a.m. (Sign up at 10:00 a.m.) Cancelled
- Wednesday June 10 USPSA Mini Match 5:30 p.m Cancelled
- Sunday June 21 USPSA Match 11:00 a.m. Sign up at 10:00 a.m Cancelled
- Sunday July 19 USPSA Match 11:00 a.m. Sign up at 10:00 a.m. Cancelled
- Wednesday August 12 USPSA Mini Match 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday August 16 USPSA Match 11:00 a.m. Sign up at 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday September 9 USPSA Mini Match 5:00 p.m
- Sunday September 20 USPSA Match 11:00 a.m. Sign up at 10:00 a.m
For more information contact Dave Sieja 989-422-3367
In February of 2016 the Houghton Lake Sportsmen’s Club became affiliated with the the United States Practical Shooting Association and is now equipped to hold sanctioned matches at our outdoor range facilities.
USPSA is a nationwide organization that was founded in 1976 and evolved from basic combat shooting matches throughout the southwest into the wide array multiple firearms divisions and competitions throughout the United States. The organization boasts a membership roster of more that 25,000 and is affiliated with over 400 local clubs in all 50 States.
The HLSC is one of several other clubs in Michigan that is proud to be affiliated with the USPSA organization. Our website is linked to the National USPSA website (Michigan Section) which is accessible to the entire nation. For more information and details you may click onto the email link shown below. Club members who will be participating in these matches have taken the nickname of “The Houghton Lake Popper Plinkers”.
We have scheduled the 2020 matches that are held once a month during the Spring, Summer and Fall Seasons with the first match beginning in May (see schedule above). In addition to the 5 Sunday matches there will be 4 “Mini-Matches” on the 2nd Wednesday of the month (see schedule above) during the summer season. All USPSA Matches and Mini-Matches are open to the general public as well as to all club members. We welcome competitors from our surrounding area, nationwide and Canada to these monthly matches.
All matches take place at the Outdoor Ranges located at 6774 Nestel Road (between Tower Hill & Townline Roads) in Houghton Lake.
The match format is similar to that of our Action Pistol league in which shooters are required to analyze the course stages, draw from holster, reload and negotiate the course obstacles while moving and shooting from target to target. Competitors must be able to cope with and correct firearm malfunctions quickly and efficiently during the course of fire while still maintaining safe gun handling rules and procedures. USPSA scoring is done on a “points per second” system to achieve a “hit factor”. Three elements are taken into consideration to achieve a “hit factor” — speed, power and accuracy. We will have up to 8 stages set up for these competition matches on our Outdoor Ranges.
For more information about the USPSA Matches please contact Match Director Dave Sieja at 989-422-3367
* Note: Participants in these matches are NOT required to be members of the USPSA organization
TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR USPSA MATCH SCORES CLICK ONTO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://practiscore.com/clubs/houghton_lake_popper_plinkers/calendar
Visit the USPSA Website at: http://www.uspsa.org
Michigan Section: http://uspsamichigansection.org/